Friday, July 9, 2010

I am awesome.

Week 5 day 2, I own you! What a great run this morning. Finally a bit of a break in the record-breaking heat (and in Northern VA, that's HOT!)! This morning actually felt a little bit cool, and while the humidity is still incredibly high, it felt a lot better out there.

Week 5 had me really nervous. Day 1 was 5 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run, 5 min walk. Believe it or not, I found that to be much harder than today, which was a 5 min walk, 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run, 5 min walk. What really has me scared is day 3, which I will tackle on Monday. Day 3 is a 5 min walk and then a 20 min run, followed by the standard 5 min cooldown. Ummm... how do I go from 8 min to 20 minutes? Shouldn't there be some sort of intermediate step, like a 12 min run, or even 15 min? Because let me tell you, I was excited for the ends of both of those 8 min runs today.

I'm going to keep hoping that the weather stays a bit cooler in the mornings so that my runs are a bit easier, especially since I'm beginning to get into the really hard stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment