Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sad News


In very, very sad news, my friend Kelly Freitas passed away last week after a year-long battle with breast cancer. She was only 31 years old. In a way, she's the reason I started running. I walked Race for the Cure for her, and that's where I decided to become a runner. I am making it my goal to run in Race for the Cure every year in her memory. You can read her story through her and her own words on her blog, Manny and Kelly in Sickness and in Health. She was a remarkably positive person, even when dealing with the most unfair of situations.

These pictures were taken at her wedding, just a few weeks before her diagnosis of Stage 3 Triple Negative breast cancer.



Donations can be made in Kelly's name to the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation.

1 comment: