Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Well this is not what I expected...

I've never been much of a scale person. I don't own one, and I usually only have a general idea of how much I weigh. When I got my Wii Fit for my last birthday (thanks, B!) I found out how much I weighed all the time, because you have to do a daily test. Then when I started running, I didn't get out Wii Fit for quite a while.

I finally decided this week that I should be doing some strength training as well as running, so I popped the Wii Fit disc into the Wii and got ready to work out. And what did that annoying little anthropomorphic Wii Fit board* tell me? Well, after berating me for not using Wii Fit for 60 days, it told me that I have gained 5 pounds in the past two months.
Gained. GAINED?!? Are you kidding me?

Yes, I know, it's probably because I have put on more muscle mass, and muscle weighs more than fat. Yes, I know that I started this whole journey at the low end of a normal body weight anyway, and I had no intention to lose weight. And I know that this is probably a healthier weight for me, anyway. But really, who starts running three times a week and gains weight?



* This guy. He's annoyingly cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment