Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Slowing down

After that first 5k, I was really looking forward to getting into the runner groove - running 5k three times a week, hopefully starting to actually enjoy it, and getting my time down to 30 minutes. And just as I was getting there...


Injury.

Nothing major. I have some pain in my right hip, and more disturbingly, and clicking/popping sensation in it when I walk or run. It's not awful, but the popping/clicking is unsettling and uncomfortable enough that I'm favoring the other hip. I think this mean running is on hold for a while.

Dr. Google has found several diagnosis for a snapping/popping hip, and none of them are too pretty. Included in the list of possibilities is a cartilage tear. Joy.

Other than rest, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do for my hip. Ice? Heat? Doctor visit? I'm just not sure. One thing I am sure of, though. I'm older than I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment